STOP COMMON CORE

STOP COMMON CORE

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dirt NEVER Hurt unless it was politics!

Dirt never hurt unless it was in politics!
WOW! What an extraordinary event at the Capitol this past Monday, President’s Day no less. I was there attempting to speak with as many legislators as possible in order to share my concerns about common core, P20, state longitudinal databases, high-stakes testing, and the loss of classroom instruction time because of testing.
Most legislators, at least the important ones, the Committee Chairs slammed their door in my face, refused to schedule meetings and were abolsutely nowhere to be found (hiding in the bathroom) for all I could tell. More importantly, the hundreds of thousands of teachers, parents, students, principals, and even superintendents were completely ignored while the PAID PTA members, State Chamber of Commerce Members, NEA members, etc. and other PAID lobby groups sat in the Senate chairs, shook hands, and were sanctioned with open arms. It was disgusting and very open “dirty” politics!!
After speaking with many that attended this event, it was discouraging and depressing to see this take place. However, one mom in particular made a very true statement about these organizations being able to BUY votes and endorsements with money and power, however, those of us that do not think like that have so much more to offer, VIRTUE!!  
In the Bible it says this:
Matthew 16:26
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
2 Corinthians 4:8-10
We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken; struck down, but NOT destroyed – ALWAYS carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

I vividly see the image of God sending his ONE and ONLY son Jesus to die on the cross, to be beaten, even despite his perfection, His miracles and tangible evidence of healing right in front of people’s eyes and yet they still did not believe. I am in of awe what is transpiring now in our own city, our own state, our own country ESPECIALLY to our innocent kiddos. I PRAY deeply for God to give me peace as I desperately give up my life and neglect my own children to follow His will to bring people to the truth and for us to TAKE UP HIS CROSS and follow His ways!! Where are you? Will you PLEASE join me?
This past, Monday watching our politicians, that hurt, A LOT!!!  It was surreal, but I will maintain my virtue to spread God’s word and use it as a HUGE reminder, God is soooooo much BIGGER! And for that I am grateful, especially now more than ever before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8VoUYtx0kw&list=FLHbr6rMCsVjf98_-VvV-Gfw




STOP Hurting Our Children!! They are not failing the system is Failing!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment