STOP COMMON CORE

STOP COMMON CORE

Saturday, March 29, 2014

God's NOT Dead -- Don't Compromise!!!!

It's amazing how God will place you in the perfect situation at exactly the right time, inspire you when you need it most, and wake you up out of a dead sleep and put something in your heart that you absolutely have to take action on!! For me it connected last night after watching this incredible movie......then God placed the following words in my heart and I knew exactly what I needed to do to ensure my message would be heard loud and clear, please read my letter below, which I sent to the email addresses listed below:

  • Liz.young@sde.ok.gov
  • katie.altshuler@gov.ok.gov
  • Dr Clark Ogilvie
  • diana.bjornson@owasso.k12.ok.us
  • Senator Rick Brinkley
  • david.derby@okhouse.gov
  • anncoody@okhouse.gov
  • dennis.casey@okhouse.gov
  • gusblackwell@okhouse.gov
  • ed.cannaday@okhouse.gov
  • donnie.condit@okhouse.gov
  • dougcox@okhouse.gov
  • leedenney@okhouse.gov
  • daledewitt@okhouse.gov
  • sallykern@okhouse.gov
  • curtis.mcdaniel@okhouse.gov
  • jeanniemcdaniel@okhouse.gov
  • jason.nelson@okhouse.gov
  • jadine.nollan@okhouse.gov
  • dustin.roberts@okhouse.gov
  • jason.smalley@okhouse.gov
  • todd.thomsen@okhouse.gov
  • emily.virgin@okhouse.gov
  • fordj@oksenate.gov
  • John Ford
  • stanislawksi@oksenate.gov
  • brecheen@oksenate.gov
  • whitep@oksenate.gov
  • halligan@oksenate.gov
  • holt@oksenate.gov
  • jolley@oksenate.gov
  • paddack@oksenate.gov
  • shaw@oksenate.gov
  • shortey@oksenate.gov
  • sparks@oksenate.gov
  • sharp@oksenate.gov
  • katie.henke@okhouse.gov
  • March 29, 2014
    Dear State Department of Education,
    As a parent of a 3rd grade student, I signed an amended Reading Sufficiency Act notification back on August 29, 2014. Not knowing exactly what this included and not with enough information to understand all of the repercussions and or legislative tricks that it would constitute. I in turn was mislead in thinking this was a reading law. However, I came to realize that this test includes more than reading comprehension including but not limited to: writing, language arts, and grammar. How does that constitute whether or not my child (or any child) is reading at grade level?
    I have researched your website thoroughly and refuse to agree to any of it. http://ok.gov/sde/reading-sufficiency-act
    Due to my further investigations, I retract my signature on this document attached! I refuse to subject my child to Mrs. Barresi’s or any legislators trick to determine my child’s destiny. Ultimately these tests are the instruments by which the so-called “reformers” are dismantling public education systems nationwide. We are also making the choice to refuse these tests because we know that his teacher is a professional and we trust her expertise in teaching. She is an AMAZING veteran teacher and it does not take a $34.4 MILLION testing consortium, and a tiny snapshot on one day to determine whether or not he deserves to move on to 4th grade. We trust her judgment as a long-time teaching professional to recognize our child’s strengths, identify his weaknesses, and determine next steps much more effectively than ANY standardized test. These tests are excessive and unnecessary, not to mention they are also a waste of valuable learning and class instruction time. Your decisions are removing, without my permission as a constituent and taxpaying citizen, my parental rights and the teacher’s abilities as a teacher and I refuse to comply. I refuse these tests in order to put the power back into the classroom where it belongs!! We also refuse these tests because they are being used to fail children, teachers, schools, and communities all over the country.
    I ask that my son shall be able to read or engage in alternative learning activity during ALL state testing times. Lastly, we request a meeting with you before any of Logan or Kendall’s “data” is uploaded into any data mining software program such as InspirEd, NAEP, the SEA, ACE, DLM, or REAC3H network, or any other data collection program that is being developed for Oklahoma State Department of Education (via Mr. John Kraman) to house personal information about Oklahoma resident children and students.
    I trust that neither of my children, nor their teachers will be held responsible for the choice that we, as parents, have made. Dr. Ogilvie, the Owasso School District superintendent, and our district testing coordinator have been copied on this letter, as well as, our district Senator and both the Senate and House Education committees that are responsible for this horrendous law in the first place. This letter shall remain in their permanent student records. Logan will also have a copy of this letter in his backpack at all times to share with teachers as necessary. We value and respect what Owasso Public School District does for the Owasso community children and we strive to keep these public schools exceptional!
    Also, I need to know if I shall withdraw my student from school and remove district funds during this testing window, so that he as a minor is not subjected to the abuse of being put in an adult situation by still being offered a test despite the fact that I, as his legal guardian and parent, have already refused the test on his behalf. I call that BULLYING!!  
    If these state mandated high-stakes tests are so important that you are bound and determined to hold EVERY student and their teacher accountable for; then maybe each of you would kindly volunteer to take this SECRET test yourself and publicly post your score, and if you do not pass as satisfactory you automatically get terminated? Have any of you ever proctored the 3rd grade exam, maybe you should volunteer this year like I have for the past 4 years?
    Sincerely,
    Kristal Picolet
    74055 – Owasso, OK
    Nehemiah 4:14 After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes."
    P.S. Attached is a letter I presented at our local school board meeting back on March 13th, until every question and/or any evidence is provided to me in writing that my child shall be retained there shall be no need for him to be subjected to the RSA or ANY high-stakes mandated state testing.

    
    God gave me these two precious gifts to protect, if I don't, who will?
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment